Extended 2019/20 class season and Dance Team review
July 6 we will begin in studio recital review classes and competition rehearsals. We will plan for a late July or Aug recital. (Location and dates cannot be determined at this time as venues are not able to set bookings until guidelines open up for them to do so. We are in hopes by July 6 we will be able to have a recital date set) In the past we have held the recital on a Saturday or Sunday. We will be taking into consideration of possibly performing during the week, if necessary.
As we return back for the 2019/20 recital review classes and team rehearsals, we will be taking many precautions in modifying the classroom structure and enforcing health guidelines. Classes will be shortened to allow for students to exit the building and staff to clean as well as adjusting times to be working on recital routines. A modified schedule will be sent and posted by May 18th. There will be a google doc link created and attached to the adjusted schedule to use for class attendance. We ask for you to please add your child’s name to the class on the Doc so that the instructors will know who is planning on returning and attending the 2019/20 recital review classes and performing in the recital. (if you are unable to get into the google doc…. No worries… this is just a guide for instructors to have an idea of who will be attending.)
As Friday and Saturdays are often spent with vacationing, lake trips and many family activities over the summer months we thought it might be best to move these classes during the week. Please look for some adjustments to the schedule for the Friday and Saturday classes.
Health guidelines in returning back to IN STUDIO recital classes on July 6
- Parents are asked to drop students off at the door. No-one else other than the instructor/Staff and students will be allowed in the building. If a young student needs for a parent to walk them in to class, we will allow one parent to do so. The parent then must return outside after the child is comfortable in the classroom
- The instructors must wear a mask and gloves while in the building. We do recommend for the students to also wear a mask
- Students & Staff must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after class
- The instructor must take their own temperature and the student’s temperature before class. The temperature must not be over 101.1 in order to teach or take the class. I have the no touch, fast read, electronic forehead thermometers to use. (Parents must remain outside and available the first 5 min of class in case the student is not approved to take class. After waiting the 5 min, parents are welcome to leave and come back by the end of class)
- Students in lobby must stay 6 feet apart and use the marked X areas. We ask that parents be there to pick your child up outside the building on time
- Instructors/Office assistant will disinfect highly touched areas such as door knobs, counters, Barres, thermometers, bathroom faucets & flush knobs, mats and silks between each class. The studio will be thoroughly wiped and disinfected each morning by 9:00 am
- Instructors must take roll to keep track of all who enters the building
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE LIVE ONLINE CLASSES, VIDEO CLASSES, SOCIAL MEDIA ACTIVITIES OR IN STUDIO CLASSES THROUGH ANGIE’S STUDIO, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT I WILL NOT HOLD ANGIE’S STUDIO, MS. ANGELA KORTKAMP, OWNER & DIRECTOR, OR ANY FACULTY MEMBER LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY POSSIBLY SUSTAINED OR ANY ILLNESS CONTRACTED WHILE TAKING THESE ONLINE OR INSTUDIO CLASSES OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY ACTIVITIES POSTED BY ANGIE’S STUDIO OR FACULTY MEMBER.
As April and Mays tuition was charged with a %25 discount off Mays tuition….there will be no additional tuition or dance team payments for the extended 2019/20 season beginning July 6. Instructors teaching classes will continue to be paid their regular pay in addition to any of the on-line classes or videos they have been providing for their students. For those who have paid in full for their 2019/20 tuition and dance team fees, you will also receive the 25% discount given by the studio, due to this uncertain time. We will be contacting you within the next two weeks as to how this will be applied or reimbursed. Anyone who has not received their recital costume will receive it when we return or can pick it up at the studio on Mon/Wed between 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Myself and staff want to thank you for your patients and continued support. Through your kind support…. we have been able to offer continuous employment for instructors and staff to be able to provide students the best education we can during this uncertain time.
Lastly…. The 2020/21 season will now begin on Sept. 8. Any August tuition payments made for the 2020/21 season will now be applied to your September tuition.
The Starz Dance Team Audition dates will remain the same. Auditions are scheduled for August 30 and rehearsal will begin Sept. 13 of 2020. Ms. Andrea will be sending information out by the end of the week on the 2019/20 competition updates. Please look for that to come.
We thank you again and cannot wait to see all of you in class,
Wishing everyone happiness and good health!
Keep on dancing!!!!
COVID 19 Summer Office Assistant Hours – Monday & Wednesday 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM